Career Technical Initiative Session Materials 11/30/21 – Here is the PPT: 20211130 CTI information session vShare
- As of November 2021, $104M has been committed to workforce upskilling in the Commonwealth, with a total of $200M+ potentially available pending current legislative session; funding is available over a multi-year period. This translates to ~5x increase in CTI funding over last fiscal year. Regions and partners are encouraged to think through strategic multi-year planning and funding requests.
- Based on learnings and feedback over the past year, changes have been made to the CTI grant to provide increased flexibility and predictability including moving to a payment model managed on cohort cost reimbursement and performance, increasing funds to up to $6k per student, providing guidance on target population, and increasing grant cycles lengths to 2 years.
- In addition, direct capacity is being rolled out at MassHire partners to support CTI and other ARP funded programs (e.g., WCTF, RENEW) through Market Makers and Upskilling Navigators.
- There are two CTI grant opportunities currently available to all schools:
- Career Technical Initiative Adult Training Planning Grants provide up to $10,000 for 2-3 months of program design and planning time. Responses are due December 15th, 2021 at 5:00pm ET.
- Career Technical Initiative Adult Training Implementation Grants provide up to $6,000 per student and up to $40,000 in one-time start-up funds for schools providing training as early as March 2022. Responses are due January 14th, 2022 at 5:00pm ET.
- Next steps for the group:
- Partners (e.g., schools, MassHire Workforce Boards and Career Centers, and employers) are encouraged to connect with each other to discuss grant submissions that meet regional demand
- Schools should determine whether to apply for a planning or implementation grant, pages 16-17 in the attached deck provide guidance on making this decision
- Submit additional questions related to the CTI grant opportunities here
- Apply for available funds here
Please reach out to MassHire to begin to craft an application!