Make It In Massachusetts Virtual Manufacturing Day
October 19 @ 8:00 am - October 24 @ 5:00 pm
Make history and take part in the first annual MAKE IT IN MASSACHUSETTS Virtual Manufacturing Day! MassHire Workforce Boards across the state are providing an opportunity for students to experience how STEAM is making manufacturing cutting edge in Massachusetts. This event is supported by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and as such Governor Baker’s office and Secretary Peyser will be providing our brief keynotes. MAKE IT IN MASSACHUSETTS VIRTUAL MANUFACTURING DAY 2
MAKE IT IN MASSACHUSETTS Virtual Manufacturing Day is based on the annual, national movement for manufacturers, educators, and community leaders to host events that raise awareness of advanced technology in the world of manufacturing and post-secondary careers utilizing these emerging technologies.
What you need to know about MAKE IT IN MASSACHUSETTS Virtual Manufacturing Day
- It is taking place during STEM week (October 19-24, 2020).
- It is FREE.
- It comes with a lesson plan for teachers with curated learning experiences for your students.
- It is designed to flexibly fit into a single class period at any time or day.
- It can be plugged into a remote, hybrid, or in person content delivery model.
- It takes approximately 45 mins. for a student to complete the learning activities.
- It includes a certificate of completion for each student upon finishing the exit ticket, which could be provided to the teacher for accountability.
- It includes weeklong access to the MakeitinMA.com website that will host edgy content of technology to engage students such as: robotics, 3D printing, the internet of things, engineering/design, highlight of MA manufactured products and more.
If you offer STEAM classes, a career vocational school, or an Innovation Pathway school, then this is an ideal opportunity to provide additional career exposure that showcases the interconnectedness of your curriculum with the workforce.
If you are interested in registering your school or schools for this event, please click here and we will make sure you have the latest information. Please forward this to your teachers in your schools.