ATTENTION BERKSHIRE COUNTY YOUTH & EDUCATORS
The Berkshire Workforce Board wants to assist you in keeping Career Development alive during this challenging time! Please explore the virtual career readiness resources below. This list of resources will be updated throughout April! Please contact Heather Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or if you need additional information.
Information for Educators
Information for Students / Youth
Receive real-time career guidance and mentoring from professionals throughout the world
MASSHIRE CAREER INFORMATION SYSTEM
Log in under Mass Resident Tab in home screen enter location/zip; then start exploring!
OCCUPATIONAL INFORMATION NETWORK
Get information on local jobs in your career interest area, wage information, education required beyond high school, etc!
FINANCIAL LITERACY – BANZAI! CURRICULUM / GREYLOCK FEDERAL
Please visit https://greylockfederalcu.teachbanzai.com/ for more information and access to the curriculum! . Click Sign Up, and then “I am a teacher.” You will be given a class code for your students to use online. Then send them to http://www.teachbanzai.com and you are on your way.
As an educator, when you sign up, a Greylock representative will contact you directly to ensure you can access everything you need. There are three programs – Junior (ages 8-12), Teen (ages 13-18) and Plus (16+).
Questions? Please contact Stephanie Martin, Greylock Federal Financial Wellness Coach at email@example.com
The MassHire Berkshire Workforce Board (MHBWB) has positioned itself as the regional lead in developing and coordinating all Career Readiness activities and programs for Berkshire County in-school and out-of-school youth. The MHBWB has established Connecting Activities as the ‘overarching initiative’ that encompasses all regional career awareness, exploration and immersion activities and has continued to work to strengthen partnerships and collaborations among school-based-staff, school district administration, regional employers and community-based professionals in expanding the College & Career Readiness system throughout Berkshire County.
The MHBWB and its school district and community-based partners are committed to expanding the delivery of Work-Based-Learning and Career Readiness opportunities to students / youth in Berkshire County through the prioritization of the following strategies and focal areas:
- Continuously provide the Berkshire County community with information on the importance of Career Readiness
- Continuously provide information to the Berkshire business community on the need and benefits of their participation in Career Readiness
- Continuously promote the Berkshire Jobs4Youth Campaign in securing local employers financial and in-kind support of the region’s Career Readiness programs and activities
- Provide all youth with Career Readiness opportunities
- Foster the further development of high school’s College & Career Centers & Career Readiness Teams
- Bring more private school institutions into the Berkshire CA Network
- Provide additional work readiness training opportunities in meeting the Berkshire business community’s need for skilled & reliable workers
- Continuously provide professional development opportunities for educators to further align industry skill sets and needs with local training programs and academic curriculum
Longstanding partners of the BCREB including school districts, employers, CBO’s, social service agencies, higher education and economic development entities have played an integral role in supporting BCREB staff with the abovementioned expansion of workforce services and resources to the residents and employers of the region. This extensive community-wide collaboration is unique to Berkshire County and serves as the catalyst for the consistent innovation and sharing among partners regarding all youth-related workforce development activities and programs under the Connecting Activities Initiative. The BCREB’s extensive promotion of Connecting Activities and how it serves as a primary vehicle in driving the College & Career Readiness Initiative has resulted in a heightened regional recognition of the true importance of Connecting Activities and how it is a direct remedy in addressing the economic and population issues affecting Berkshire County.